Confused between shared web hosting vs WordPress hosting?
Don’t worry,you are not alone.
Most beginners, who have taken active steps for starting their own ambitious website, Often confused between what to choose between WordPress hosting and shared web hosting.
When it comes to choose hosting type,we’ve plenty of options available:
- Shared web hosting
- WordPress hosting
- Cloud hosting
- Dedicated hosting
This selection might get confusing at most times. When I was starting my first website this question also disturbed me.
Now I have made a detailed comparison and analysis on, “Which plan is best? Is it shared hosting or WordPress Hosting?“
Let’s directly dive into topic without taking more time.
What are the different types of hosting?
First take a look at different types of hosting available and what are the uses of it.
All hosting providers offers this most common plans:
- Shared web hosting.
- WordPress special hosting.
- Cloud hosting.
- Dedicated hosting plans.
In this article we are going to discuss shared web and WordPress plan in depth.
What is shared hosting?
Often people ask what is meant by shared hosting.
Shared hosting is one of the most popular option available for those who are just starting their first website.
The word ‘Shared‘ is giving some ideas to us. Shared hosting is the single server allowing multiple websites to host on it.
Usually, your server shared with thousands of different websites and you have no idea about other sites. But shared hosting is the best thing to get started with for newbies.
Shared hosting is the cheapest and most affordable option for every beginner. However, it comes with some limitations i.e. limited space, resources, and bandwidth.
Why shared hosting introduced?
10 years ago, server costs were touching the sky. In that period if you have to purchase hosting then you have to pay a massive amount of money.
But things changed later,Internet dominated like never before.Everyone started to move their business online.
By considering this needs hosting companies introduced the term ‘shared hosting’.This helped in bringing down the hosting prices to an affordable tag.
Advantages of shared hosting:
- It is the most affordable plan for beginners.
- Shared hosting is best for starting because initially there is no need for much space and bandwidth. However, you can easily upgrade your plan or transfer hosting as your site grows.
- No technical maintenance of the server is required by your side. It will be covered by the company itself.
Thus shared hosting is the best option to create website for small business or for the people who are just starting out.
Disadvantages of shared hosting:
- Some hosting providers may give poor load time.
- Most of the shared hosting can’t handle higher traffic, check traffic capacity before buying.
- Limited customization options.
What is WordPress hosting?
Just we discussed about shared hosting now lets see what is WordPress hosting,
WordPress hosting is not much different than shared hosting.But it could be a part of shared hosting.
WordPress hosting can be shared,managed,VPS and dedicated.
- Shared WordPress hosting: Shared server with other sites. Also referred to as ‘Cheapest‘ hosting.
- Managed WordPress hosting: Comes with some added value and services like an automatic backup. Generally, it has expensive prices.
- VPS WordPress hosting: The server works on Virtual shared server.Suitable for large personal sites.
- Dedicated WordPress hosting: Here server is totally dedicated to your site means you have your own server. Suitable for large business sites. It has a very high price.
However VPS and dedicate hosting are NOT recommended for beginners and small sites.
Now you must be wondering: What is the purpose of WordPress hosting?
Today, WordPress is the most popular website building software. Almost 35% of site from all over the world are created with WordPress.
Considering this huge number,hosting providers introduced WordPress special plans.
WordPress hosting offers WordPress optimized configuration and support.
Advantages of WordPress hosting
- One-click WordPress install facility: No need to deal with the technical aspects, hosting providers do it for you free.
- You can easily migrate your old site within a few hours.
- Site is protected from known threats for WordPress like brute force attacks and vulnerable files.
- WordPress hosting comes with an easy SSL certificate that protects visitor’s data.
- You will get dedicated WordPress support which will assist in plugin installs as well as theme problems.
Difference between shared web hosting vs WordPress hosting?
|Parameter||Shared Hosting||WordPress Hosting|
|Server type||Single server for multiple websites||Server can be shared,managed or dedicated.|
|Support type||Normal support||WordPress dedicated support|
|Easy Installer||Manual Installation(Some providers offer one-click install feature)||One-click WordPress install function|
|Features||Only basic functions||Includes some essential plugins like Jetpack, sitelock security. The facility of automatic updates.|
|Security||We have to take care of some security features manually||Designed for some known hacks as Spam protection, brute force attack protection, and malware attacks.|
|Performance||Not optimized for WordPress.However, server up-time depends on other sites on the server.||Best optimized for WordPress.It can give a smoother WordPress experience.|
|Pricing difference||Cheapest hosting ($45-$70 / per year)||Only a few bucks more than shared hosting|
|Speed||Usually, lower speeds as compared to WordPress plan because of the low level of optimization.||High speed for WordPress site. It includes Litespeed cache functions.|
Now lets see comparison of WordPress hosting vs web hosting plans offered by leading hosting providers.
Let’s take a look at shared and WordPress plan’s features reality of this big brands:
Hostinger Shared web hosting vs WordPress hosting comparison
Hostinger Shared web Hosting
- Unlimited websites
- One-click WordPress Install
- FREE domain (Premium plan)
- Lifetime SSL certificate FREE
- Unlimited bandwidth
- WordPress acceleration
Grab the Offer
Start’s at Rs.59/month
Hostinger WordPress hosting
- Unlimited websites (300 sites)
- Jetpack plugin free
- Automatic backups
- WordPress optimization
- One-click WordPress Install
- Litespeed cache
- Free domain and SSL certificate
WordPress special offer
Start’s at Rs.99/month
Note: We recommend WordPress starter and premium web hosting plan for hostinger. Both are the best.
Good news for you
You can check review for hostinger in india.
How to use hostinger coupon code in details.
Bluehost Shared web hosting vs WordPress hosting Comparison
Bluehost shared hosting
Bluehost has only wordpress shared plan.
- 1 website(Basic plan) / Unlimited websites(Plus plan)
- Free SSL certificate
- 50 GB storage space
- Automatic wordpress install
- Free Jetpack
- Free domain
Special wordpress plan
Limited time offer
Siteground Shared web hosting vs WordPress hosting Comparison
Siteground WordPress managed hosting
Siteground offers wordpress managed hosting
- Single website
- Free WordPress installation and migration
- Free SSL and domain
- Free CDN
- Daily backups
- Autoupdates for wordpress
Best Quality hosting